This evening news popped up from various sources particularly speculating about what is going to happen in the Middle East in the very near future. It has been said that people in Tehran have been told to leave the city. We watched news coverage of Israeli sirens wailing and Iranian missiles being intercepted in Tel Aviv, Israel, and saw photos of Russia's missile hits in Kiev, with a toll of no less than 14 lives and counting, besides maybe 50 or 60 injured. We used to live in that city. I always wonder if we passed the buildings I see damaged. Will one of our friends be hit next?
But do we live with frantic fear and worry? I believe there are those who are facing this in Israel, Ukraine, and many other places. While we ate fresh, home-grown strawberries a friend gave us today and homemade ice cream Jonathan froze after he and I arrived home late from my four medical appointments today, others wonder what tomorrow may bring, if tomorrow ever comes.
(Not that I am also not wondering the same things with pain and symptoms returning.)
But I was blessed to hear the voices of Crystal on the phone with several others on a conference call discussing plans for a mission trip to Mexico in July.
Hannah was out on the deck transplanting a few more flowers to make our front deck beautiful.
I made half a gallon of yogurt--at least I hope it will become yogurt, if the milk wasn't too hot when I poured in the starter.
I also pulled out of the Menards bag a squishy rat that I purchased for a friend's July VBS with a theme of not falling into sin's traps.
Jonathan read news and worked on business-related red tape and paper work and texts.
"Occupy until I come," Jesus said.
May He find us watching, praying, resting in Him, and busy for Him.
Jesus, come soon and end all the mess! But help us to be faithful until You do come.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment