In case anyone is wondering about how our van turned out at the mechanic earlier this week, here is how it is doing right now--sitting on our flatbed trailer.
Jonathan went back up to Pierre Tuesday to bring it back since the mechanic says the problem is the transmission and not the whole engine. So we think, with the help of a native mechanic who needs work, we will order a refurbished transmission and replace it ourselves for about half the price the mechanic in Pierre quoted us.)
So that is the update for now. Jonathan hasn't had time to find a transmission to order as he's been up to his neck in paperwork for BHE. Yesterday he had pile after pile of papers of estimates he was getting ready to turn in to SWA, bids for remodeling reservation houses, and he had Hannah helping him copy numbers and add them up.
These have been very busy days. I've been blessed with energy, now that I'm 2 1/2 weeks post chemo, to even be able to work in the back yard gathering dry, scratchy tumbleweeds from along the fence to stuff into the burn barrel and rake a lot, spreading wood chips better and getting rid of the many sticks mixed in with them. This time I have another week and a half before I have to get more chemo.
No comments:
Post a Comment