While I was watching a service or something on the computer the other day, Hannah asked if she could do some hair styling for me.
I let her do it, enduring the pulls and pinches inflicted upon me--a sort of justice, I suppose, for the times I braided my girls' hair when they were little. :)
She tried doing this to me, which was cute, but too little girlish.
And then she tried this, which was way too old womanish. No, I am not about to put single bobby pins on the side of my head like that to just hold some gray side hairs in place and make me look out-of-touch with any sort of dignity or class with my hair.
She tried this, too.
I liked this one of the best, using a Ukrainian barrette, hand-painted. Hannah did this style for me on our way to church Sunday morning.
Thanks to my daughters, my hair which is too short and too long all at the same time, is at least styled, whether I like it or not!
And when something is too short and too long to work with well,
or too wet and too dry,
or too right and too wrong,
and you are between a rock and a hard place,
you do the best you can and let the hair hang straight or curly, whichever it is,
let the chips fall,
and trust God to make all things right some Glorious Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment