Tuesday, April 7, 2026

The Kind Voice of an Interrupted Husband

 Today about three o'clock in the afternoon I called my dear husband about something. I wasn't thinking very well because most likely he was in the middle of something. He usually is, of course, at that time of day working with the crew. 

Yesterday he and the crew worked at pulling and pushing and winching this house back onto the corner of its foundation after a drunk driver ran into it several weeks ago. Jonathan hadn't known how this project would turn out, or what might go wrong, but thankfully it turned out well and the house is settled back where it belongs. I was so relieved when I found out this project went well!
Today the crew is busy scraping the peeling paint and who-knows-what on the two sides of the house now, and Jonathan was out somewhere with Danny when I called. 
Yesterday I did the same thing about 5 o'clock before he told me that he was in an executive meeting. 
Oh, yes! Why hadn't I remembered that?
Jonathan rarely answers my phone calls with impatience, and today was not an exception. 
I stumbled over myself feeling bad for stupidly calling him about something that, after I dialed his number, I realized could easily have waited until this evening. 
Still, he treated me kindly, and I hung up with gentle words sounding in my ears--the kind of words God speaks to moms and wives like me who just want to talk to Him
in the middle of our day. 
Today God's kind voice spoke through a husband who didn't become impatient with a thoughtless wife. 

1 comment:

  1. I always look forward to reading your blog posts, and this was no exception.

    ReplyDelete

Driveway Delights--Larks and Owls

 The ability to delight in something is a gift from the Lord. There have been valleys in my life where I could not find the ability to delig...