Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Rattlesnake and Lightning Strike! It's a Good Thing God Is Awake!

A couple days ago Jonathan, Sam, and another man were working down south of the Springs down in the desert area where a bunch of new homes are going in. The other man was marking where the septic system was to be dug for one of those new homes when he heard a loud buzzing sort of rattly noise!
He backed up fast and this is what he saw!
 
Needless to say, suddenly the day changed a little bit! The big rattlesnake slithered back into its hole--right where the septic system was to go! 
Jonathan walked down there later to see if the snake was out again, and sure enough, it was!
He got the above photo of it. 
The concrete man from California who does concrete work for Jonathan, when he saw the photo and counted the rattles, said that rattler is 8 or 10 years old. 
Grizzled old rattler!
The men are trying to figure out how to exterminate that snake, and they can't figure out who would want to buy a house in that area, but most people live indoors almost all the time nowadays.

The very next day, which was yesterday, I was going about my work, worrying more than usual, not because of the snake, but because of my middle son off very early in the morning with Rose and Danny to go fishing up in the mountains (after offering to work off a list of things for me at home Monday),
and then he was traveling the rest of the day to bring back something he was purchasing. I was worrying about him pulling a trailer behind our van on the hours of roads and down steep mountain passes.
Little did I know that while I was home doing some summer cleaning (and praying), weeding and picking fresh lettuce from our garden (and praying), I was worrying about the wrong person in our family. 
I should have been worrying about Sam. 
Not really, of course, but while I was praying over and over again for my middle son and passengers, Sam was down at Midway in the desert all over again, working with a fellow worker.
They were walking along in the grass, with only a few clouds in the sky and the sun shining,
when all of a sudden, there was a sheet of white and a simultaneous BOOM!
Both he and the other guy ducked, like, What in the world???
All they could figure was that lightning struck, if not right where they were, then very, very nearby, perhaps not touching down. 
Our instructor at the Hunters Ed class last week told us that Colorado is the state with the second highest number of lightning strikes in the nation, second only to Florida.
When Sam came home with his story, I had to laugh about how I was worrying about the wrong person.
How terribly human that is! We simply do not know where the next danger is coming from.
But God does. 
And God is awake.
Praise God! He is always awake and watching over us! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...