POW!
Something in the kitchen exploded recently, or sounded like a gun went off. As we went around the kitchen a little nervously, we discovered that this glass lid on our electric skillet had shattered into thousands of little pieces!
Not sure how that happened. The skillet had been cooling and was unplugged for some time before this happened. I just figured that as the teflon electric skillet cooled, it may have become tight against the sides of the lid, causing it to shatter.
I don't know.
I just know there was an explosion and we had to gingerly carry that skillet out, with a towel over it in case the glass decided to go every which way.
I just know there was an explosion and we had to gingerly carry that skillet out, with a towel over it in case the glass decided to go every which way.
There are other kinds of explosions, too, and times when your heart is left in a million pieces.
Sometimes there isn't an explosion to go along with it, or a big pow!
Just the last straw sort of thing with no fanfare.
Or a sudden decision by others which leaves your life in the lurch.
Whatever our shattered lid or heart might consist of, God keeps letting us know that His promises are faithful and He is still there for us, even when our heart has been patched for the thousandth time,
and still feels like the explosion just happened.
His rainbows still arch against the darkest clouds.




No comments:
Post a Comment