Sunday, December 1, 2024

Gonna Be Grandparents!

Behind me a fire is blazing in our wood stove as I write, while wind whistles around the house and down the chimney.  A few weeks ago our daughter Rose and her husband Tom sent this announcement out to cousins and allowed me to send it to my family. 

And now I'm allowed to "spill the beans" on my blog, that Jonathan and I are going to be grandparents!
That sounds way too strange to me. I've felt like a little girl that didn't know how to grow up most of my life, and now I am supposed to be a grandma! 

(I mean, how can I possibly be a grandma when I haven't even grown up enough to make sure my slippers match on Thanksgiving morning?? )
It was sweet to hear both Rose and Tom, in our time of giving God thanks on Thanksgiving evening, thank God for the new life He was giving them in this baby they are expecting.
Of course, the great expectations have added a whole new dimension to our lives! All the siblings are excited and supportive, as are Tom's family members. The new baby, though still unborn, is added to our prayer lists, and everyone pitches in to help when Rose isn't quite as energetic as usual. I went hunting for the one solitary maternity dress pattern that I had saved through all these years, my favorite one, and I pulled out a couple jumper patterns, too, in case Rose or a sister would feel smart enough to alter the waists.
We're definitely not used to seeing Rose like in the above picture! Most of the time, she is doing fine, but morning sickness and other aspects of pregnancy take their toll! But she has gained ten pounds already, she says! And not thrown up more than once!
I am so grateful that Rose's mother-in-law is so incredibly supportive, the lady who knitted for me, with love and prayers, this shawl that I am wrapped up in this evening while my family is away at church. I went to morning service, but the extremely busy week and busy Sunday morning left me very tired. Plus sickness is going around, and extra guests were expected in church in Mission tonight, so I opted to stay home. 
Please pray that God will work out regarding chemo treatment this coming week and a way to pay for it through the hospital's sliding scale program.  
But for now, good night from the happy Grandma-to-be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...