Tuesday, May 12, 2026

A Mother's Monday

Not every Monday begins so delectably, but this last Monday did. I woke to the tune of meadowlarks, robins, and roosters outside the open window.  
That early morning hour, cheer was simply in the air, and I drank it in gratefully, thankful that I had the painless energy (unlike today) to get up and around and start into the day's duties--including starting a huge laundry--while noting the neighbor's cows appearing on the hill above us to graze. I can't describe how delightful that morning was.
I had the first load on the lines around eight o'clock, after packing lunches for the guys, and then Hannah and I discussed where to plant my cauliflower, broccoli, and cabbage seedlings.
And then I planted them.
Later in the morning Crystal and I went up to plant more in the garden at our pastor's, where Mathel said she wasn't able to do much garden at all this year, but we could have it. So we are planting there, too.
We are dealing with so many things right now--cancer/chemo, concerning PSA numbers now for Jonathan, and so much more, that I find working in the garden while robins trill nearby is incredibly therapeutic.
But after all that, I was stiff and sore and haven't gotten over it yet!
We are having Peter Casalino and son for a very late supper this evening after they worked with Jonathan and Danny all day at Wounded  Knee, and I've just been doing a little at a time trying to make lasagna and sides while Crystal has been working/driving most of the day.
But there is always time to stop and admire the way the morning sun hits the petunias.
And start to package a book order for 21 of the book Dale Sherman: Sharpshooting Missionary.
And take a phone call from my son Tim as he finishes a logging trip. 
And contact a sister-in-law about picnic plans for Jonathan's dad's 90th birthday next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...