Wednesday, May 13, 2026

Hannah's Birthday--on Eagle's Wings

Last week Hannah's birthday landed on a day that her dad and brother were away to Men Arise, but SIM president's wife, Kristal Becker, came to spend a couple days with us and wanted to do something special for Hannah.
Crystal wanted to do something special, too, such as make Hannah's favorite meal.
Hannah decided Crystal's specialty, Indian butter chicken (that she'd learned how to make at the Indian restaurant while working for our friend Gaya in Colorado Springs years ago) with rice and naan bread sounded like a good choice. 
So that is what Crystal made, while Kristal, Hannah, and I worked on the project for orphan girls that Kristal had brought along, and which I told about in another post. 
Hannah also made a pineapple cake with a luscious strawberry-pineapple frosting that she concocted. 
Somewhat at the last minute, we also invited Mathel Ambrose. She is always full of stories. During worship time at supper, Hannah read her favorite Scripture, Psalm 91, and Mathel remembered a song called "On Eagles Wings." It was in one of our hymnals, and we ladies gathered at the piano to sing it. 
It's such a blessing to let others share in our lives and bring their love of God's Word in music.
"And He will raise you up on eagle's wings
Bear you on the breath of dawn
Make you to shine like the sun
And hold you in the palm of His hand."
This is not a song I was very familiar with, but I loved it. 
To think that we are held in the palm of God's hand--no matter our circumstances!
A few days later we attended the graduation of one of Hannah's friends, Aleah, in Colome.
She was presented with a star quilt at Hope Family Chapel, and was happy to have her big brother Jordan home from duty in Guam for a few weeks to celebrate with her. He helped Pastor Lavery wrap his sister with the star quilt.  
Congratulations to Aleah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...