Thursday, May 21, 2026

No Problem Too Big--He Carries It

I finally gave up trying to keep pushing myself late this afternoon and collapsed into a recliner while Crystal took over making taco salad for supper.
I had picked up and swept in the garage this morning, made goat cheese, hung some laundry, spent about an hour and a half gardening, and ran up to the White River Care Center to say hello to a couple residents there whom I try to visit weekly. 
It was all a little too much, especially with packing for a trip. 
Jonathan was in the office, home early from work for once--since wind kept them from the roofing job and the concrete company couldn't deliver today, though the men finished framing the forms for the foundation of the addition in Mission.  

Jonathan has been in so much pain all through his body since the spider bite, besides the dread of what is ahead with biopsies and all that happens if there is cancer diagnosis for sure. 
And I find it is almost harder to watch someone suffer than to suffer oneself. 

And then I noticed the words of the song being sung on Crystal's playlist--
"There is no problem too big God cannot solve it. 
There is no mountain too tall God cannot move it. 
There is no storm too dark God cannot calm it.
There is no sorrow too deep, He cannot soothe it. 

If He carried the weight of the world upon His shoulders
I know my brother that He will carry you.
If He carried the weight of the world upon His shoulders,
I know, my sister, that He will carry you. 

He said, "Come to me, all who are weary
And I will give you rest."
There I was, getting a little rest in the recliner, listening with rapt attention. But I couldn't stay there. I sorta tiptoed to the office and touched Jonathan's shoulder. 
"Are you hearing the words of this song?" I whispered. 
He nodded. 

And He carries us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...