I could not understand why our upright freezer, that has worked for years for us, had to die on us only about three days after I had it the most organized I had ever had it.
I had hoped to empty the chest freezer in the garage so that I could unplug it for a while and save electricity, so I stored as much as possible in the upright freezer, all neatly placed and organized helpfully.
Now we were emptying everything from the upright freezer back into the chest freezer and into the fridge freezers. Thankfully, it all fit, with room to spare, but I was keenly frustrated with the crazy turn of events as Danny and Jonathan tried to figure out where the bad noise was coming from under the freezer and why the electric wire was arcing.
Not only was the freezer beyond what Jonathan thought he could fix, but all the neatly organized food was scrambled up and piled here and there in several different places with little organization because it happened in the evening when I was already too tired to do much besides tell Crystal where to take one pile after another while I took others to the chest freezer in the garage.
Jonathan lay on the floor peering at cobwebby and dirty wires while brown water dripped right into his face from an unknown hole in the bottom of the door of the freezer.
And I could not understand why this had to happen.
I had just nicely defrosted that freezer, besides!
I could not understand why a lot of things have to happen--like why did Jonathan end up having to get an MRI today in Rapid City because of some concerningly high numbers?
I don't know.
I don't know what the MRI results are going to say, or if the numbers are due to the inflammatory response his body has had to the terrible spider bite a couple months ago, leaving him in increasing pain.
I don't know a lot of things.
I just know, that as we look around the corner of our lives, God will be there for us.
He was there for us today. Jonathan figured the copay for today's MRI would probably be several hundred dollars.
And in the mail today was a check that would cover nearly all of it!
When our freezers quit, clinic numbers come back concerningly high, and we don't understand why things happen that mess up all our neatly made plans and organization,
God is still there.
He is there giving hope in our darkest hours,
giving peace in our storms,
and giving "the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness."
Isa. 61:3
No comments:
Post a Comment