When our family arrived back in South Dakota, we hit the ground running. Tim, who had come with us for a few days since he temporarily lost his job due to the sawmill closing its doors, worked with Jonathan on pouring concrete in Mission.
They poured another section of sidewalk between Hope Family Chapel and the road,
as well as the footer for the addition a crew is to build next week on the back of the fellowship hall that is way too small for all the attendees on Sunday nights.
The men came home spattered with concrete, bringing a zero turn mower to finally mow our property.
Meanwhile, Danny spent that day working with BHE crew on a roofing job of either a house or garage.
And the next two days, both boys and Jonathan worked the roofing job until the wind got too dangerous each afternoon.
Danny captured this scene from somewhere near the work going on.
Looks like the crew above is on break! How I did appreciate Tim's help in the kitchen. Even after coming home tired from work, he'd pitch in to help clear the dish drainer and to wash dishes more than once. An early riser, he also helped make breakfast. He left early this morning to beat it back home to western Colorado, and I miss him so much.
On the way up here from CO Monday, after a repair the boys helped Jonathan do on our Honda's AC fan, listening to Tim visiting with his dad up front as Tim drove, my heart felt happier than it had felt in ages. I have missed my middle son so very, very much.
We enjoyed his stay here this week beyond what words can say.
And this morning, I tried not to focus on how sad I felt after getting up from bed the second time. I was up at six, putting lunches together for several men on the crew, and so exhausted I could have cried. So I went back to bed after the men left at seven (heading to an electrical job at Wounded Knee) and tried to sleep a while. Tim and Hannah had left about 4:30. We said goodbye late last night.
To keep from being too lonely, I called a couple of my children and ran some errands in town like shipping out three boxes or packages of books at the post office and stopping in at the care center just long enough to let a new friend there know we'll pick him up for church Sunday again.
No comments:
Post a Comment