Sunday, May 3, 2026

When You are Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Recently I found myself between a rock and a hard place, as the saying goes, oppressed with something that had come back to haunt me and weigh on my mind. Morning after morning I woke up with my adrenaline rushing before I could even think lucid thoughts. 
I took a step to try to get rid of the burden, but it didn't seem to help much. 
One morning I went to my room, and from the depths of my heart, I prayed, not for myself, but for others who are suffering in the same way--not knowing which decision to make when it seems that no matter what it is will not end up with peace.
I prayed for those who feel distress no matter which way they turn. 
And that is when peace began to come to my own heart. That prayer for others lifted me above my own circumstance and helped me see it for what it was--that I could truly leave the problem in God's hands and let Him take care of it--and me. 
I could wake up in the morning feeling normal--at least as normal as a post-chemo body can feel.
I could trust Christ's  blood to cover, His hand to help, and His peace to keep my mind and heart. 
I could enjoy the photos my children send of little scenes in their lives, like this rustic woodstove and oven that was left on the property Tom and Rose just acquired in Colorado,

and this calf on the ranch where Danny helps every morning. 
I am just a pure, puny human being that doesn't know a lot, but I can trust both big and little problems to my heavenly Father and let Him  carry my care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...