More than one special occasion graced our weekend in Colorado.
Rose decided to celebrate Ellie's first birthday a little early so we could participate and enjoy it.
So here she was with one candle in her piece of ice
cream cake.
She liked a little treasure box her aunt Elizabeth made for her.
And it's so much fun for her to pull out the tissue from her Hagerty uncles' gift bag!
The gift was definitely from uncles--little tractors and trailers and trucks!
They are already determined she shall know how to operate ranch equipment! :) :)
I had managed to sew a sunny yellow jumper and Quiet Book for Church, with all sorts of pockets (from Jonathan's old jeans I was throwing away) filled with an assortment of things such as buttoned scraps of jeans, a string of beads from my purse, and a felt-like smiley face. Rose says it kept Ellie quiet for a good while in church Sunday--precisely what I hoped for!
But what Ellie REALLY liked was the peas in the pod that her aunt Shelby knitted for her. She was so fascinated with those! There was also a beautiful blue and white dress sewed by Ellie's Grandma Hagerty (She's braver than I, as I am too tuckered out of sewing to try to do a whole dress), toys, and a bubble blower machine.
After the festivities were over Saturday evening, the young people from both families played volleyball. Someone captured this photo in the sunset on the prairie.
Meanwhile, Sam found chairs for his wife Caitlyn, whose baby is due only a few days later, and for his dad and me, who got to hold Ellie for a while.
On Sunday for church, Ellie wore a birthday outfit from one of her Lucas aunts.
I loved these photos!
Elizabeth Hagerty sent me these photos she took maybe while I was crashing in bed for a nap at Carrie's house where we stayed. Now Ellie is wearing an outfit I made for her. I sewed to a ready-made top a little denim skirt from a nice piece of denim left in a worn out skirt the girls were getting rid of. Rose wanted little denim skirts for baby, but I said the baby would just crawl right out of them! So I sewed the skirt onto the top!
Baby loves music! It was so fun hearing the girls practice song arrangements.
No comments:
Post a Comment