I'm taking advantage of the cool weather early this week to bake because Rose's wedding is just two weeks from this Saturday and I have to have about 700 Buckaroo Barbecued Meatballs baked for that!
At Christmas time, Tommy and Rose helped us butcher our monstrous steer, so they get to have ground meat from that for their wedding meal! Doesn't the Good Book say, "Give, and it shall be given to you"?
They gave hours of their time and energy to help, including going out in the bitter cold to saw that monster in quarters after Christmas, and they deserve some meat from it for their wedding.
We also crisped a few pounds of bacon in the oven for garnish for the Chuckwagon Baked Beans. (The burgers on the other baking pan were for Jonathan to grill for supper.)
Baked goods never last long around here, especially raisin bread.
I mixed a big batch of dough, dividing it into regular bread, raisin bread, and sandwich buns.
The finished loaves--such a satisfying feeling. But I do admit I was tired after baking about 250 meatballs and all that bread while the girls were away babysitting.
Here is Crystal showing pictures on her phone to her interested dad.
While I was baking, the men folk were starting to get an automatic gate opener installed. (I'm not sure what all is still needed, because we still have to get out of the vehicle to both open and then close the gate behind us.)
Jonathan was also trying to finish laying the block for the retaining wall and steps.
Then came Sunday, when I took for the meal after church a big crockpot of elk roast and veggies and a loaf of that homemade bread--which disappeared appreciatively. Even the crust disappeared at the very end when Hannah decided not to take just one piece home and ate the last crumb!
It was so nice to have our oldest daughter home for the summer and filling in as pianist for the morning service since our pastor's wife was gone. She also played our national hymn, "God of Our Fathers," since it was Memorial Day weekend.
And after the church meal, we pour jars of goat milk into a friend's gallon. His wife can't eat regular milk from the store and we share. Then they share honey from their bee hives with us!
Give, and it shall be given unto you, the Bible says, good measure, heaped and running over!
That is so true!
No comments:
Post a Comment