Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Unanimously Elected "Chief"

  Danny came home Monday evening with the news that he had been unanimously elected "chief of the Explorers Club," a youth training program to prepare young people for work in the fire department. He was one of five young people from Hope Family Chapel in attendance of this first meeting. Several of our church people belong to the fire department, and Danny has developed an interest, especially after working on the fire station building and becoming acquainted with some of the department officials.
He was quite tickled with the brand new fireman's cap he was given. He told us several things that he had learned, and decided to go the very next night to the regular fireman training that he was encouraged to attend.
That evening of training contributed toward the 36 hours of time he has to put in at the fire station before he can start to do ride-alongs. One of the things he learned to do that evening was how to open a fire hydrant. 
At home, Hannah operates her own fire hydrant!

The garden is coming up beautifully, esp. the peas.

Meanwhile, this week Jonathan has hired someone to help us install our mini splits for cooling since we don't have central air. 
He was up on the kitchen cupboards  putting up the mini split head.
One head went over our bed. 
Getting the big roof part installed, after a great deal of time had been spent hunting in the garage and all through the house for the box with the roof brackets.
Finally, our young helper got smart. He said, "Let's think like Danny. Where would Danny have put a long box?"
He looked over in the very middle of the garage and saw a 5-gallon bucket full of long tools like long levels, etc, and started poking around among those things.
And there was the box with those brackets! 
Here he is putting the mini split head up while Jonathan is pulling the hose through the wall.
Meanwhile, I keep trying to live at least some manner of normal life while constantly taking this or that supplement or pill 
and doing this or that treatment. This week I sewed a rice sack for a heating pad since the hot/cold pack I spent about $20 for is in Arizona and keeps popping and seeping if I leave it a second too long in the microwave.
Here is the digital scale Jonathan got for me so I could fill my own veggie caps with melatonin powder bought in bulk. I am supposed to take quite a few milligrams every night as melatonin helps keep cancer from metastasizing and fights cancer in other ways, too. I managed to get about a dozen capsules measured in about 30 or 40 minutes. Not easy, but it's less expensive than buying regular melatonin pills and having to take about 12 of them at a time.

1 comment:

  1. How many milligrams of melatonin does that end up being? I have melatonin on hand I haven't been using, but have several different strengths.

    ReplyDelete

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...