Saturday, May 11, 2024

Mother's Day Blessings

 
Despite the disappointment of having to spend Mother's Day back in Arizona, I couldn't help feeling so blessed. 
 
Friday the pastor's wife from Lakota Community Chapel and my Lakota friend Susie came to bring me the church's Mother's Day gift early, a book called Hugs for Mom. They also brought a vase of lilacs and tulips from the church yard! Oh, I was just enraptured!
I love lilacs and tulips! The one trouble is that Jonathan is allergic to lilacs and so I can't have any in the house. I put them in the laundry room, but wouldn't that be the evening Jonathan was going back and forth through that room to see the Northern Lights!
Here is one picture he got. This one is actually from last night when he was traveling very late back from Rapid City after picking up a bunch more orders for SIM from Lowes and Menards. (That is a story and a half.)

Here is a photo from one of my children or nephews.  Anyway, I moved the lilacs from the laundry room to Hannah's room where they look perfectly beautiful while I'm gone to Arizona and won't bother Jonathan.

 And when I get to my little house at Gospel Center, there's a pink envelope with this card from Sam.There was such a beautiful message inside, with his own note underneath. He said how he got to the store one minute before it closed, so he had to pick a card fast! But he thought it was okay! :) :)  I thought it was not just okay but wonderful and beautiful. The best part was that he thought to send it!
His best Mothers Day gift for me is his willingness to leave today with team members who are heading to Zambia, Africa, on a medical missions trip. He's leaving out about 10:30 this evening from Denver airport. Pray that the scheduled workers' strike they heard was supposed to take place at the Heathrow Airport in London on the day they fly through will not affect their flights and connections!
Meanwhile, my brothers and nephews were spending yesterday starting a porch roof for my mother for Mother's Day. They also put up a laundry line at last. Mom has missed hanging her laundry outdoors. Despite being 84 years old, she still loves to get outside to hang her laundry in the sunshine. (I inherited that love!)
I am so happy to see Mom's porch roof going up.  
And this morning I got a phone call from Jonathan's stepmother Ruth, to whom I'd sent a Mother's Day card. I had tried to find something appropriate, because we still keep the position of mother intact for Jonathan's own mother, as Ruth has wished, but I found a card that would express our love and appreciation for Ruth. We are thankful for the joy and companionship she has brought Jonathan's dad. She first wanted to wish me a happy mother's day, but then she said how she got this card a day or two ago and wondered why she would be getting a card. It was the first Mother's Day card she'd ever received! That made me so happy!
\
Well, I was having a weak spell, but it is time to head over to church now. I hope to post another post later about some of my joys recently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...