Wednesday, May 8, 2024

My Niece Mercy's Wedding to Hosea

Last Saturday my niece Mercy, Dorcas's daughter, was married to Hosea in Virginia. 

My family in South Dakota watched online. Our daughter Rose watched in Missouri--while sewing white heart buttons on her own wedding gown! (She reminded me I am not supposed to post any pictures of her wedding gown on my blog yet! At least she sends me pictures--just for the mother-of-the-bride, including a sweet photo of her in her wedding gown with my mother, who will not be able to attend the wedding next month.
But, dear me, this is supposed to be about Mercy's wedding. We enjoyed listening and joining in prayer as both fathers of bride and groom offered prayers. 

 The wedding party consisted of Mercy's three sisters and three of Hosea's brothers.
I loved the wedding colors and choice of flowers. Each wedding is unique and each bride's taste special!
Of course, I enjoy pictures of my own sister most of all. She looks happy and proud going out afterward--though she did admit the next day that she and the family felt awfully blue, missing Mercy dreadfully! Hopefully Jonathan and I won't feel quite so blue since Rose has already made the break and we aren't used to her living with us anymore.  
One of those special grandma moments! 
Mercy's immediate family of siblings (without Dorcas or Ben) 
The new couple 
Mercy's extended family (my sister Dorcas's family; she had nine children. Mercy is the fourth to get married.)
Simple is beautiful! 
My dear sisters Iva and Dorcas the morning after the wedding.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...