Flying home to Rapid City from Arizona, I was a little nervous because it was announced that it was snowing, and I wondered if our landing would be diverted. I don't know how many delays and cancellations we've experienced with Allegiant airlines.
As we bumped through clouds for a while, unable to see anything, I was sure the pilots couldn't see anything either. So how were we doing?
Bump, jerk, sway, and more bumps. It is not comfortable flying through snow clouds.
Finally, we broke through and could see the airport coming up.
I couldn't help remembering the terrible landing a few months ago in Rapid City when the landing gear hit the runway so hard I got a bit of whiplash.
As I braced for the worst, I suddenly realized we were on the ground. It had been such a gentle landing that I had hardly known when we hit the ground!
I was amazed and grateful.
And I couldn't help thinking about friends I know who are bumping through storm clouds, both expected and unexpected, unable to see the way ahead clearly.
They are worried about the way ahead, the storm, the bumps, and the Landing.
I pray for my friends, Lord, and the ones who You know who are going through a storm on their way to their final Landing--the ones with cancer, or diabetes, or kidney failure, or certain martyrdom, or old age. When they cannot see, hold their hand.
And make, I pray, their Landing as gentle as mine was!
One moment on this side of eternity, bracing for the worst,
only to experience Your peace, Your gentleness, and Your grace--with the sudden knowledge that they are at last
with You!
Beautiful prayer, Anna; so many need it.
ReplyDelete